Thursday, December 24

Sneaky

Can't believe that the end of 2009 is barreling down upon us.
Time just gets sneakier, and faster, as I grow older.


It wasn't such a bad year; I set several goals for myself at the beginning... some of which I did accomplish. A brief look at this post will help to explain the denouement of targeted goals below.

1. Yes, I graduated. Passed the master's exam, spoke at commencement, went on to become one busy ESL teaching lady. Whoo-hoo!

4. Publish in a journal? Bah! Have been sitting on comments received last Easter from final round of peer reviews that I JUST got around to looking at. Article needs major reworking.

7. Working at a community college has afforded me many opportunities for pampering on a budget; the cosmetology school is housed in the building across from where I tutor on campus.

8. My Japanese studies, and blogging for that matter, have been slim to none. I've asked my previous Japanese tutor if we can start up again in 2010 to grease the wheels of my rusty spoken nihongo to prepare for my trip in March. Reading and writing, I still feel, is a constant uphill battle.

9. Evolve as a teacher: there's no way to avoid this one. Each semester brings different challenges and chances for me to fine-tune my methods. I continue to love the X factor that is a new group of students every few months.

Next up: 10 for '10.

No comments: