Tuesday, March 2

A Dangerous Habit

Every Sunday in February, rain or shine, Mark & I made it to The Original Pancake House for a mighty good way to start the day. Maybe not mighty good for our waistlines, but damn, this place should put IHOP out of business.

I'm eating my way through the extensive menu of pancakes from around the world, while Mark is happy to always order the German Pancake. This offering is one huge but delicately baked piece of soft dough that is topped with lemon juice and sprinkled with powdered sugar. ANYONE who tries it immediately loves it.

My last order was the pancakes with bacon. Not on the side; IN the pancakes. Pretty good, but not the best of what I've had so far at this quaint establishment decorated in full 1950s tacky splendor.

Past favorites include the Swedish Pancakes (delicate, lacy goodness w/lingonberries on the side); Potato Pancakes that I still dream about; and the masterpiece of an Apple Pancake that is well worth the 20-minute wait.

No comments: